SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, September 12, 2010

YUMMY potato soup

I made a double portion of this potato soup for our small group tonight and it is super yummy so I wanted to share the recipe for all of you to enjoy too!  I got this from my friend Amber from our church and I think she said it was a family recipe.  I PROMISE it isn't heart healthy, but I PROMISE it's delicious!!!


Potato Soup


2/3 c of butter
2/3 c of self-rising flour
7 cups of milk
4 cups of peeled, cubed, cooked potatoes
4 green onions
12 strips of cooked bacon
2c of shredded cheddar cheese (whatever kind you have is fine)
8 oz sour cream
3/4 tsp of salt (to taste)
1/4 tsp of pepper (to taste)


In a large kettle, melt milk and butter while slowly adding the flour.
Once the all the flour has been added, stir until thick.  Then add in potatoes and onions.  Bringing just to a boil.  Reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes stirring consantly.  Add rest of the items, stir until cheese is melted.  Serve.

Post a Comment